Friday, July 22, 2011

Useful ideas!

I was just finding some materials that I would like to use next year for school and was thinking about how I didn't really want to print them all out here at the house, when I remembered that I don't have to! I remembered that I have a dropbox account! If you haven't used dropbox, it is a useful way to be able to access documents from several places. Since I work at two schools, I can access documents at both schools and at home if I download them to dropbox. So instead of having to carry things around on a jump drive, I can just access them and the changes I make wherever I go from this convenient online storage spot!

I also have been downloading quite a few free materials off of TeachersPayTeachers, too! I love paying teachers, the REAL experts, for their knowledge! But if you are like me, money is tight. It has been 3 years since we have gotten any kind of pay raise...cost of living, step, or whatever. And in that time, I've had another child! So our money stays pretty tight. When I can, I purchase needed materials, but I'm all about finding things for free as well!

I also was notified today about a fantastic sale on ebooks at the Scholastic Teacher Express store! The prices are good through July 31, so be sure to check it out!

What are some items that come to mind when you think of things that make your life easier or good deals you have found lately?

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know Christi, that I have more writing activities both on the blog and at Scoop It which is a little like Drop Box http://www.scoop.it/t/writing-activities-for-kids

    Susan from The Book Chook

    ReplyDelete